terms & conditions
SA SKYDIVING TERMS & CONDITIONS
UPDATED JUNE 2023
Thank you for choosing SA Skydiving. We are the longest running and most experienced skydiving operation in South Australia and operate our family business from multiple locations around South Australia.
We promise to do everything in our power to ensure you have the most incredible skydiving experience possible and create a life long memory. If any part of your experience does not meet or exceed your expectations, please reach out and contact us. We will treat your conversation with respect and endeavor to resolve any issues for you.
For us to deliver on this promise, when you book a skydive, our team commits itself to your experience. As such, and given the nature of our operation, all skydives are strictly subject to the following terms and conditions.
THE SKYDIVE + SAFETY
- Skydiving has inherent risks. SA Skydiving operates to a high standard of safety. All skydives are completed at jumpers own risk and at the discretion of the Dropzone Safety Office (DZSO).
- All skydivers must complete a membership and waiver with the Australian Parachute Federation, indemnifying SA Skydiving Ops.
- All skydives are subject to weather conditions. We will update you via text message on the morning of each day of operation. We reserve the right to move locations and landing areas due to weather or other safety considerations.
- Tandem passengers must be 16 years old, minors require parent/guardian consent. Exemptions under 16 years old may be submitted by us, on your behalf to the Australian Parachute Federation at a cost of $99, with no guarantee of approval.
- There is no maximum age limit, provided you meet the health requirements for all passengers, however over 65 we may require a medical certificate.
- We have a mobility harness that can assist in special cases, such as limited body movement or strength, disability or other medical conditions. These are special case skydives, which we love doing, however they do come with added risk and resources for delivery. A $200 charge applies to any skydives requiring the mobility harness.
- No drugs or alcohol are to be consumed within 8 hours prior to your skydive.
- In the case of video malfunctions we may offer you a partial or full refund of your video package, or we may offer to replace the skydive and video package for you.
- Maximum weight is 110kg. All jumpers over 90kg subject to Tandem Instructor assessment and further conditions and surcharges. Minimum winds required over 100kgs.
- SA Skydiving retains all ownership and rights of all captured media. This media must not be reproduced or used for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of SA Skydiving. Should you not want any of your media published, or used in company marketing, it is your responsibility to advise manifest prior to your jump.
- If the booked height for your skydive cannot be reached on the day due to weather conditions, air traffic congestion or other circumstances, a refund for the difference in height may be given.
RESCHEDULING + CANCELLATIONS
- Typical experience time is 2 – 2.5 hours, however please allow at least a 4 hour window and we advise not having time constraints. Air traffic, weather, aircraft logistics and other factors can delay skydiving operations. Not allowing a minimum 4 hours, arriving late or failure to arrive for your booking will result in a full cancellation with no refunds available.
- Skydives canceled due to weather or other circumstances are rescheduled.
- Skydiving Instructors possess unique skills and are not found in abundance. If staff are struck down with illness or are otherwise unavailable at short notice, we will endeavor to find a replacement instructor. If this is not possible, we will provide you as much notice as possible and skydives will be rescheduled for another date and time of your convenience.
- Other factors that can impact skydiving operations include but are not limited to; weather aircraft serviceability, air traffic control, pilot or other staff availability.
- Due to the nature of our operation, any changes to bookings without booking insurance, including rescheduling or cancellation within 48 hours of your booking will incur a re-booking fee of $150 per person.
- Details on Booking Insurance can be found further down this document.
- We reserve the right to reschedule your booking or move locations.
THE DOLLARS + PAYMENTS
- We price match. if you find a lower price with a competitor, contact us, we will assess, match and beat it.
- All prices are $AUD and include GST. All prices subject to change without notice.
- For any price increases, the difference will be payable on arrival.
- All bookings require a $150.00 per person administration fee. This is included in the final price and acts as a non-refundable deposit.
- All deposits are non-refundable, but are transferable within 12 months of the payment.
- We accept cash, bank transfer, Credit/debit cards and ZipPay. All card transactions and ZipPay transactions attract a 2% surcharge.
- We own our Langhorne Creek Dropzone, with fantastic facilities. Goolwa Airport charge for the use of the airfield. Skydives at Goolwa are subject to an Airport Levy
- If skydives are unable to proceed due to weather or other factors, 1 month is given to reschedule another date within the coming 12 months. Booking deposits are valid for 12 months. Any reschedules made after 1 month from the canceled date will be subject to any price increases that have occurred in that time.
- Surcharges from 90 Kg to 95 Kg = $25, From 95 Kg to 100 Kg = $45, over 100 Kg = $70
- Bookings made without booking insurance are strictly non-refundable.
- Those made with bookings insurance may
- cancel, reschedule or request refund, for any reason, up to 5pm the day before the skydive booking.
- If in the case of a skydive unable to proceed due to weather or other reasons, choose, after the reschedule, to have their deposit or payment refunded if they don’t wish to or are unable to reschedule.
- Booking insurance is not applicable on the day of your skydive and does not cover, no shows, late arrivals or on the day cancellations.
For refunds, booking and banking details should be sent to email@example.com.
- Gift Vouchers are fully transferable at no charge to new bookings.
- Full price Gift vouchers are valid for 36 months from date of purchase. Gift vouchers for products on special are valid for 12 months from date of purchase or as specified.
- Once a voucher is made for a booking, it is considered redeemed and our Tandem Skydiving terms and conditions apply to the booking.
- Gift Vouchers must be redeemed before their expiry date. The jump date may be within 3 months after the expiry date.
- Gift vouchers may be fully refunded within 14 days of purchase, after which time they are transferable to a new booking. They may not be redeemed for cash. No refunds for lost or stolen gift vouchers.
- Gift Vouchers on special are not extendable. Full price Gift Vouchers may be extended past their expiry date at $25/month.
- Gift Vouchers older than 12 months become monetary value vouchers, valid on any full price product. Any changes in product prices will be applicable.
- $50 Gift Vouchers donated to charitable and fundraising causes are valid towards full price skydives or video packages and may not be used in conjunction with any other voucher or discount.
- SA Skydiving is not responsible for the actions or advertising of any third parties including bookings agents.
- APF membership is not included for third party bookings.
- Skydives purchased through 3rd party agents must be booked and canceled through the agent. Cancellation fees may still apply.
- Once booked, enquiries and reschedules should be made through SA Skydiving.
AFF SOLO COURSES
- Skydiving is a dangerous sport. All skydives are completed at jumpers own risk and subject to DZSO approval.
- All prices include GST. All prices subject to change without notice.
- All bookings for Ground School require a $150 deposit. All bookings for Progression Camps require a $650 deposit.
- All deposits and payments for packages and courses in full are transferable to another jumper, pending DZSO approval, however they are non-refundable.
- Jump Credit is valid for 12 months.
- All skydives are subject to weather conditions and at the discretion of the Drop Zone Safety Officer. Student skydives are subject to strict weather condition limits.
- Skydives canceled due to weather or other circumstances may be rescheduled however are not refundable.
- Progression through the course is at the discretion of your instructor and the Drop Zone Safety Officer. Any stages that need to be repeated must be paid in full prior to completion.
- Changes to your ground school booking date or time require minimum 7 days notice as we allocate instructors, planes, pilots and training resources for your jump. Changes within 7 days will incur a $150 fee.
- Failure to arrive for a ground course will forfeit your deposit.
- All students must be a member of the Australian Parachute Federation (APF). Your initial membership is included in your course, renewal is then your responsibility at a cost of $26month.
- Maximum weight is 100kgs. Under special circumstances heavier students may be approved by the Chief Instructor. Maximum age is 50, if you are over 50, please contact us before booking.
- All student skydives are completed at 12,000ft. We reserve the right to change this height based on operational logistics, weather conditions or air traffic control.
- Students must be 16 years of age. Students under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian/parent present on the day, with written approval.
- Students are advised to minimise time between student jumps to consolidate learning and maximise safety. If there is period of 3 month between student jumps, a refresher and retraining fee of $50 will apply. We reserve the right to enforce stage repeats if we have safety concerns.
- We provide all equipment for your student jumps. We train you how it works and how to use it effectively. Student’s sign a gear indemnity, Any damage caused to the gear that’s caused by actions outside of our training scope may cause you to be liable for repair costs.
- All stages are filmed and include a video debrief as part of your course. Technology is subject to occasional malfunction, no refunds or repeats will be offered in the case of a video malfunction.
- No drugs or alcohol are to be consumed within 8 hours prior to your skydive.